As a junior gameplay programmer, you will perform game and occasionally tool development tasks on several projects. This includes several of our own games based on the Unity platform, as well as other enterprise projects utilizing game dev technology in Unity. You are expected to work on the design, prototyping, development, polishing and testing of production code as well as tools and scripts. This will mostly entail development in C#, Unity.
We are looking for someone that likes to polish gameplay mechanics. This means having at least basic knowledge of game feel and juicing.
See Mark Brown on game feel or Game Feel book for examples.
When applying, demonstrate your experience with game feel/juicing with an example on your portfolio. This doesn’t have to be from released games. This can be own mechanics or mechanics you remade from other games as a learning process. Highlighting what you did to address the game feel is a big bonus.
- Understanding and interest in polishing and juicing gameplay mechanics
- 1+ year of industry experience.
- 3+ years experience with Unity.
- Strong programming knowledge, C#.
- Solid understanding of algorithms, physics and math.
- Good understanding of OO programming, UML, Software Design and patterns.
- Proficient in English.
- Ability to write comprehensible code and follow coding standards.
- Attention to detail.
- Understand the time, care, and iteration required to create finely crafted games.
- Ability to receive feedback and critique with humility, modesty, and respect.
Nice to have
- Bachelor or master’s degree in game development, computer sciences or similar.
- Experience with VR development.
- Experience using SCRUM and Agile development methods and tools.
- Interest in series like Futurama, Rick and Morty, Final Space, Disenchantment, …
- Knowledge of game design.
- Experience with mobile development (iOS and Android).
- Experience with multiplayer and networking code.